COURSE FOR EDUCATORS
Experience the active learning approach of our Blended Course for adult educators! You will be equipped with innovative educational, teaching and training strategies, methodologies and materials to use when working with older adults. In particular, you will learn how to develop teaching materials related to culture and heritage and adapt them to the needs of older learners.
Moreover, you will find some practical sessions ready to use!
In order to engage your learners in their own learning process and enhance their experimenting with cultural heritage and digital tools, we’ll show you how any user can easily create their own STORY MAP following some simple steps.
We encourage you to try it yourself to be able to embed it in your educational programmes. After each module, you’ll be able to practise what you’ve learnt by integrating your own materials in your story. Click here to be guided through the whole process.
What will you learn?
- Reinforce your professional competences to develop EFL learning materials for communities of older learners, bearers of intangibale cultural heritage
- Enhance your understanding aspects of Inclusive Learning and Collaborative Learning,
- Get support in engaging their learners in a close analysis and interpretation of subconscious collective cultural representations or contexts that produce them or make communities attribute them social or aesthetic value value;
- Improve your instructional design skills and experiment with effective techniques and strategies to develop teaching materials for and with older foreign language learners
- Acquire knowledge about digital tools and applications which can be used with older learners
- Enhance your abilities to engage adult learners in social, civic and cultural initiatives or setting up new social practices
- Strengthen your capacities to reinforce older learners’ digital and foreign language skills by developing materials related to tangible and intangible elements of culture.
- Raise your awareness about common EU cultural heritage and how to make it accessible to all, especially in terms of digitalisation and wide spreading information about it
INTRODUCTION Why studying at an older age, Language learning and cultural heritage…
Module 1 Development of Inclusive Learning Culture
Module 2 Collaborative Learning
Module 3 Methods of Cultural Interpretation
Module 4 Digital Tools and Techniques applied to cultural interpretation
Module 5 Strategies for Development of Teaching Materials for FL
"The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."